Quite a lot has happened to me in the past...oh...however many years it's been since I was on here. Some major things....
1. Moved back to San Diego--my husband is stationed here again and I've reconnected with a lot of old friends. I've also made some new ones. :D YAY! I love this city and hate that we'll leave it some day.
2. I'm stable on medication--my mental health is no longer such an extreme issue. As a matter of fact, it's almost not an issue at all. With the exception of needing to take medication every day, it's almost like I'm not bipolar at all. I see my therapist twice a month and my psychiatrist once very 3 months. It's been about 5 years since I was last in the hospital. My alternate personalities have all integrated and in that sense my mind is whole once more. I've also healed from the abuse by my father and others. I no longer get flashbacks too.
3. I still have agoraphobia--but it's not as bad as it was. Yes, this is something that's lingering from the abuse in my past, but I'm coping well. I avoid malls and concerts but otherwise am OK around small crowds. This year I even went to Target on Memorial Day and survived unscathed. Improvements are being made.
4. The kids' diagnosis' have changed--Orion has been diagnosed with Aspergers and Kieriana has been diagnosed with childhood bipolar. The only things this has changed is that Orion is now able to get more services...though the school district fights us on those.
5. I've started playing the violin again--this is a new development and probably something you'll read about often. You know me and new things...I like to go on and on and on and...
6. I wrote another book--this one will be released in February (I hope!) and I'm doing it right this time. I have an editor (3 actually) and the design for the cover is amazing. Hopefully it will be far more up to par.
7. I'm a Reiki practitioner--as part of my healing process I've learned how to help others to heal. I do this using Reiki, Shamanism, and other spiritual practices. It's helped me in many ways and I can't help but love how I've been able to help my friends too.
8. I've lost 80 lbs!--yes, you read that right. I'm now a size 4/6 and weigh about 140 lbs. Back in 2008 I was a size 18 and 220 lbs. HUGE difference!
9. We have another dog--her name is Kate. I believe the last time I was on here we had just gotten Lia. So yeah, 2 dogs. hehe
10. I can't really think about a 10th thing that I would write about on here that's new....
Anyway, so yeah, I'm going to be around more. :D Get used to it kids! hehe